Snagging survey is designed to identify any construction defects, incomplete or substandard work, and cosmetic issues in your newly built home or property.
Get A FREE Quote!
We offer professional snagging surveys to ensure that your new property meets the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship. Our snagging survey is designed to identify any construction defects, incomplete or substandard work, and cosmetic issues in your newly built home or property. With our thorough inspection and detailed report, you can know that any issues will be addressed before you move in.
We follow guidance from NHQB (New Homes Quality Board), an independent not-for-profit body established to develop a new framework to oversee reforms in the build quality of new homes and the customer service provided by developers.
They provide enhanced protection to buyers of new homes in the form of a new code of practice which introduces a broad range of additional requirements for developers to ensure that every aspect of a new home purchase is covered, from when a customer initially walks into a sales office, through to two years after the occupation of the home.
The new arrangements protect you if you reserve a new home from a Registered Developer after their registration date. The protections also include access to the independent New Homes Ombudsman Service (NHOS) if you are not satisfied with the quality of your new homes or the performance of your developer. To see if your developer is registered with NHQB, please visit their website on: https://www.nhqb.org.uk/register-of-developers.html
What is a Snagging Survey?
A snagging survey, a new build inspection, or a handover inspection is a comprehensive assessment conducted by our experienced surveyors to identify and document any defects or shortcomings in a newly constructed property. The survey aims to create a snagging list, highlighting areas that require rectification or further attention by the developer or builder.
Our Snagging Survey Process:
- Pre-Occupation Inspection: Our surveyors will thoroughly inspect the property, room by room, and meticulously examine all aspects of the construction, including finishes, fixtures, and fittings. We will assess the property against industry standards and building regulations.
- Comprehensive Defect Identification: During the survey, we will identify any defects, such as poor workmanship, faulty installations, cosmetic imperfections, or incomplete tasks. We pay attention to details and strive to identify even minor issues that may have been overlooked during construction.
- Snagging Report: Following the inspection, we will provide a detailed report. The report will include a comprehensive list of identified defects, photographs, and descriptions. Each item will be categorized based on severity and recommended course of action.
- Developer/Builder Communication: We encourage you to share the snagging report with the developer or builder, as it serves as an official document outlining the necessary repairs or rectifications. We can also assist you in communicating with the developer to ensure the issues are addressed promptly.
- Re-Inspection: In some cases, a re-inspection may be necessary to verify that the identified issues have been resolved satisfactorily. We can conduct a follow-up inspection to ensure that the necessary repairs have been carried out to the expected standard.
Choose a survey
Price Range (No VAT to pay)
£550 – £1050
Get in touch
To find out more about our survey products
What are the worst things to spot in a snagging survey?
Why Choose Our Snagging Survey?
- Expertise: Our surveyors have extensive knowledge and experience in new build inspections, enabling them to identify even the smallest defects and issues that may go unnoticed by an untrained eye.
- Thoroughness: We conduct a detailed and systematic examination of the property to provide you with a comprehensive snagging report, ensuring no defect is overlooked.
- Objectivity: As an independent and RICS Regulated surveying practice, we provide unbiased and impartial assessments. Our priority is representing your interests and ensuring your new property meets the expected quality standards.
- Peace of Mind: Our snagging survey allows you to have confidence in the condition of your new home before you move in, ensuring that the developer or builder addresses any necessary repairs or improvements.
Schedule a Snagging Survey Today:
If you are purchasing a new property or have recently moved into a newly built home, our snagging survey is essential to ensure that your investment is in top-notch condition. Contact us today to schedule a snagging survey and let our experts ensure your property is free from defects and meets your expectations.
Frequently asked questions
A snagging survey is a comprehensive inspection conducted on a newly built property to identify any defects, incomplete work, or cosmetic issues that require attention before the property is handed over to the owner. It involves thoroughly examining the construction quality, finishes, fixtures, and fittings, aiming to create a snagging list that outlines the areas that need rectification or further attention from the developer or builder. A snagging survey ensures that the property meets the expected standards of quality and craftsmanship and allows for necessary repairs or improvements to be addressed before the owner moves in.
The cost of a snagging survey can vary depending on several factors, including the size and complexity of the property, its location, and the scope of the survey. Generally, a snagging survey costs from a few hundred to a few thousand pounds. It’s best to contact us directly to discuss your specific requirements and receive an accurate quote tailored to your property. We strive to offer competitive pricing while ensuring a thorough snagging survey that addresses all necessary aspects of your newly built property.
A snagging survey is worth it for anyone purchasing or moving into a newly built property. It provides a professional and independent assessment of the property’s construction quality, finishes, and fittings, helping you identify any defects, incomplete work, or cosmetic issues that need attention. By conducting a snagging survey, you can ensure that the developer or builder addresses any necessary repairs or improvements before you move in, saving you time, money, and potential headaches in the long run. It offers peace of mind, protects your investment, and ensures that your new home meets the expected standards of quality and craftsmanship.
It would be best to consider getting a snagging survey when purchasing a newly built property or before moving into it. It is recommended to schedule a snagging survey as close to completion as possible. This allows our qualified surveyors to thoroughly inspect the property and identify any defects or issues before you take ownership. By conducting a snagging survey, you can address any necessary repairs or improvements with the developer or builder, ensuring that your new home meets the expected standards of quality and craftsmanship. It is essential in protecting your investment and ensuring a smooth transition into your new property.
Why choose us?
Quick, easy and efficient. That’s what you can expect from Smart Home Surveyors. Our RICS-registered services are designed to give you the best possible experience, with quick turnaround times and round the clock customer support.
We have years of experience behind us. We have the right skills and experience to provide you a detailed and concise report to give you the peace of mind that you deserve.